Last Updated: September 29, 2020
Welcome! Prepared Parents is here to give parents the tools to support success at home, and the confidence to champion change at school. A “winner take all” approach to learning leads to competitive parenting and inequitable schools, and this hurts the success of all kids. We believe that learning must evolve beyond academics to include the habits and skills that prepare kids for success in life. Prepared Parents is supported by Summit Public Schools, a nationally-recognized public school network with 15 middle and high schools in the States of California and Washington.
WE COLLECT REGISTRATION INFORMATION TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES
Prepared Parents provides parents with the resources to build power habits at home and champion change at school, all to nurture curious, independent, and resilient kids. When you sign up for Prepared Parents, you receive our newsletter, our tips with research-backed parenting insights, and our more in-depth tools and activities.
When you sign up for Unboxed, you also receive regular digital learning kits to help you engage students in month-long projects, including activities and routines that support children’s social-emotional learning and develop learning habits like self-direction, independence, curiosity, and goal-setting.
When you use our Website or register for our Services and provide personal information, you will also receive news, updates, limited-timed opportunities, and general information about other products, services, and events that we offer unless you have opted to not receive such information.
To effectively provide the Services, we collect contact information, participant information, survey information, information from third parties, and information that you submit.
- Contact information. When you sign up for Prepared Parents, we collect contact information, such as first name, last name, email address, zip code, and telephone number.
- Participant Information. When you sign up for Unboxed and provide participant information, we collect the first name, grade, and type of school of the participants with whom you plan to engage while you use Unboxed.
- Survey Information. If you choose to respond to optional surveys prepared by Prepared Parents, we collect your responses about the impact of and satisfaction with our Services.
- Third-Party Information. We may collect information from third parties such as social media platforms if you engage with Prepared Parents through social media platforms.
- Information from Submissions. We may also collect and use the information when visitors and contributors elect to provide articles, leave comments, provide feedback, post questions, or email us.
- Other Information. We may collect information about the browser and device you use, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, the site you visit when you leave us, and how you used or didn’t use our Website or Services. To learn more about these technologies, please review “Cookies, Analytics and Other Tracking Technologies” below.
Before providing questions, comments, feedback, or content to Prepared Parents, we recommend that you evaluate whether the communication contains any sensitive or confidential information.
Prepared Parents may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage your account and your registration with Prepared Parents.
- To offer surveys, interviews, or opportunities for feedback.
- To provide and maintain our Website and Services, including to monitor the usage of our Website and Service.
- To contact you to provide updates and notifications related to the Website and Services, including privacy and security updates.
- To comply with applicable law.
Prepared Parents uses de-identified or anonymized information
In addition to the uses described above, Prepared Parents uses aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized information for other purposes including research and resource improvement (e.g. analysis of functionality and usage of this Website).
In order to de-identify or anonymize information, we take steps to ensure that we remove all direct and personal identifiers and that no one else can use the data to reasonably identify or contact an individual.
WE LIMIT WHO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
We may share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. In order to provide the Website and the Services to you, we rely on various service providers to provide, for example, data storage, website design, and email management. In general, usage data is retained for a limited time, except when we need usage data to support and improve the security of our Services or to improve the functionality of Services or if we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods. For information about service providers, please contact Prepared Parents by email at email@example.com.
We may share information with other users of the Services if you interact with other users in the public areas of the Website or on a social media platform. If you interact with other users through third-party social media services, your contacts on social media may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You can opt-out from emails at any time. If you do not want to receive a particular email subscription from us, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. Following an unsubscribe request, will remove your email address from that subscription. Please allow up to 10 business days for any opt-out or unsubscribe request to be processed.
You can correct or modify the information that you have shared with us. For visitors who register on our Website or Unboxed users, we also store the personal information they provide in their registration. Registered visitors and account holders can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can control cookies and tracking tools through your browser. Depending upon the web browser that you use, you can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if your browser does not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Website or Services.
LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Services may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Prepared Parents.
This Website includes links to purchase Prepared: What Kids Need for a Fulfilled Life through third-party websites that handle all related ordering, processing, and delivery of the book. This Website also includes resources that recommend third party websites that provide complementary learning resources.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT CHILDREN
We intend Prepared Parents to be used by parents and legal guardians of school-age children and educators looking to supplement their resources.
If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to promptly delete this information and the child’s registration. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us without parental consent, please contact email@example.com.
Prepared Parents may collect and store the following types of personal information about a child when submitted by the parent or guardian of the child or the child with prior parental consent:
- First name
- Grade level
- School type attended
- Parent’s or guardian’s name
- Parent’s or guardian’s email address
If you have given Prepared Parents permission to collect and use personal information about your child, you can, at any time:
- Review, correct or delete the child’s personal information
- Request that Prepared Parents discontinue further collection or use of the child’s personal information.
To make such a request, please contact Prepared Parents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are attempting to access this Website or our Services from a county belonging to the European Economic Area including the European Union, which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), our website and services are currently unavailable to you.
COOKIES, ANALYTICS, AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
By visiting our Website or using our Services, Prepared Parents may receive and access:
- Information about your visits to and use of this Website (including the dates and times of your visits, website navigation, downloads, etc.);
- information about the device you are using (e.g. your IP address or other device address or unique device identifier, operating system information, web browser, etc.); and
- Information relating to any transactions carried out concerning this Website, including information relating to third-party vendors.
We also use Google Analytics cookies for data analytics purposes. You can find more information on how Google uses data from these cookies at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Please consult your web browser to learn the proper way to modify its cookie settings. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the Website’s functionality may no longer be available.
DO NOT TRACK FEATURES
Some web browsers have a “do not track” feature, which is intended to tell websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. A “do not track” standard has not been adopted to this day. Accordingly, like many websites, this Website and our Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Protecting the information that we collect is important to us. We use standard security measures to help prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or improper use of information. The security measures vary depending on the type of information that we collect but include, among other things, physical, technical, and administrative safeguards.
We, at Prepared Parents, provide our community with good faith efforts to maintain the security of personal information. We work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems and practices. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. If you think that an account has been created without permission with your name or your child’s name or you have detected a vulnerability or other issue of concern, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Please contact us if you have more questions.