Last Updated: April 12, 2021
Welcome! All kids deserve the opportunity for success in school and in life. Prepared Parents translates learning science, psychology and behavioral research into practical tips and resources that parents can use to support their kids’ social-emotional and learning needs at home. Together, our resources unbox the education that families want, kids deserve, and teachers love. Prepared Parents is supported by Summit Public Schools, a nationally recognized public school network with 15 middle and high schools in the States of California and Washington.
Prepared Parents’ social-emotional and project-based resources unbox the education that families want, kids deserve, and teachers love. When you use our Services, you receive access to our newsletter through email, and our tips with research-backed parenting insights, editorials and parenting stories through our UNBOXED Resource Center. When you use our Website or our Services, you will also receive access to news, updates, limited-timed opportunities, and general information about other products, services, and events that we offer.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES
To effectively provide the Services, we may collect contact information, participant information, survey information, information that you submit, information from third parties, and certain automatically collected information.
Information You Provide to the Services
- Email Address. If you choose to provide your email address.
- Survey Information. If you choose to respond to optional surveys prepared by Prepared Parents, we collect your responses about the impact of and satisfaction with our Services.
- Information from Submissions. We may also collect and use the information when visitors and contributors elect to provide articles, leave comments, provide feedback, post questions, or email us.
Before providing questions, comments, feedback, or content to Prepared Parents, we recommend that you evaluate whether the communication contains any sensitive or confidential information.
Information from Third Parties.
- Social Media: We may collect information from third parties such as social media platforms if you engage with Prepared Parents through social media platforms.
Automatically Collected Information.
We may collect information about the browser and device you use, your IP address, your general location inferred from your IP address, the site you came from, the site you visit when you leave us, and how you used or didn’t use our Website or Services. To learn more about these technologies, please review “Cookies, Analytics and Other Tracking Technologies” below.
Prepared Parents may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve the Services, including to monitor the usage of the Services.
- To offer surveys, interviews, or opportunities for feedback.
- To contact you to provide updates and notifications related to the Services, including privacy and security updates.
- To provide you with information and recommend other products or services that may be of interest and to respond to your requests.
- To conduct internal business operations in support of our Services, such as auditing, security, preventing fraud, and analytics.
- To comply with applicable law and legal process (such as a subpoena or warrant);
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; and to take steps that we reasonably believe to be necessary to protect the safety, security, and rights of Prepared Parents, our users, our employees, service providers, and others.
Prepared Parents uses de-identified or anonymized information
In addition to the uses described above, Prepared Parents uses aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized information for other purposes including research and resource improvement (e.g. analysis of functionality and usage of this Website).
In order to de-identify or anonymize information, we take steps to ensure that we remove all direct and personal identifiers and that no one else can use the data to reasonably identify or contact an individual.
WE LIMIT WHO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
We may share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. In order to provide the Services to you, we rely on various service providers to provide, for example, data storage, website design, and email management. For information about service providers, please contact Prepared Parents by email at email@example.com.
We may share information with other users of the Services if you interact with them on a social media platform. If you interact with other users through third-party social media services, your contacts on social media may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You can opt-out from emails at any time. If Prepared Parents offers email subscriptions and you do not want to receive a particular email subscription from us or the other information we send that we think may interest you, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. Following an unsubscribe request, we will remove your email address from that subscription. Please allow up to 10 business days for any opt-out or unsubscribe request to be processed. If you opt out of receiving subscription emails or emails with recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about any services you have requested or received from us.
You can control cookies and tracking tools through your browser. Depending upon the web browser that you use, you can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if your browser does not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Website or Services.
LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Services may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Prepared Parents.
This Website includes links to purchase Prepared: What Kids Need for a Fulfilled Life through third-party websites that handle all related ordering, processing, and delivery of the book. This Website also includes resources that recommend third party websites that provide complementary learning resources.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT CHILDREN
We intend Prepared Parents to be used by parents and legal guardians of school-age children and educators looking to supplement their resources.
Prepared Parents and Services may contain content of interest to children under the age of 13. Prepared Parents may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information collected about participants who are under 18 years old. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to promptly delete this information. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES, ANALYTICS, AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
By visiting our Website or using our Services, Prepared Parents may receive and access:
- Information about your visits to and use of this Website (including the dates and times of your visits, website navigation, downloads, etc.);
- information about the device you are using (e.g. your IP address or other device address or unique device identifier, operating system information, web browser, etc.); and
- Information relating to any transactions carried out concerning this Website, including information relating to third-party vendors.
We also use Google Analytics cookies for data analytics purposes. You can find more information on how Google uses data from these cookies at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Please consult your web browser to learn the proper way to modify its cookie settings. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the Website’s functionality may no longer be available.
DO NOT TRACK FEATURES
Some web browsers have a “do not track” feature, which is intended to tell websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. A “do not track” standard has not been adopted to this day. Accordingly, like many websites, this Website and our Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Protecting the information that we collect is important to us. We use standard security measures to help prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or improper use of information. The security measures vary depending on the type of information that we collect but include, among other things, physical, technical, and administrative safeguards.
We, at Prepared Parents, provide our community with good faith efforts to maintain the security of personal information. We work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems and practices. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. If you think that a submission or communication has been created without permission with your name or a child’s name or you have detected a vulnerability or other issue of concern, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Please contact us if you have more questions.